December 18, 2010

A Winter Wonderland

Woke up to about 7" of beautiful snow this morning. The pictures are of my garden, that has frozen over and is hibernating for the winter, the view from my studio window where I watch as the birds feed and the little bird house that they haven't been visiting lately. We scatter the seed on the ground under the trees and leave water out on the deck for them. If they are lucky the birds will have their fill of seed before the deer come by and chase them away. Then we chase the deer away....although I DO feel sorry for them, but just have to get my mind around the whole nature thing. I could not stand outside in a pair of hooves and deer hide to save my life. It's so freezing cold out there! They are just built with wonderful insulation.
More snow is due the rest of this week. It's a good time to sip hot cocoa and eat all the Christmas goodies I have been making. I like being in my studio during this time also. I put on the iPod full of Christmas carols and I am in a little bit of heaven. I get melancholy and engulf myself in memories and like to taste my tears, (if I may quote my daughter Tiffany) during this wonderful time. I miss my friends and my family. BUT everyone is healthy and happy and I am enjoying the thoughts, tears, joy and love I feel, so what is there to complain about. Nothing. Did you notice the snow on the roof of the bird house?? Our driveway looks the same way.

Happy Birthday to Jim's mom, Adelka McElroy, who is 96 today and still as feisty as ever living in her home in Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me and My Lexi

Me and My Lexi

Pet the Kitty