June 15, 2010

Windy here

Today was a very windy day. I'm talking bone chilling wind. Needless to say, I did not get outside at all. Do you know what the wind does to your face? On days like this I need to apply Vaseline to my face to protect it from the wind is I step outside at all. I will look like Phyllis Diller in no time, living up here in Bend. Does anyone get a facelift when they turn 68? I'm thinking I will be needing one by then, but then what would be the point at that age? My knees will be a dead give away. AHHH, to discover how to grow old gracefully. That makes me laugh. There is nothing graceful about it!
I'm giving you young gals a tip....none of those expensive creams work. Just look who is advertising them on TV?! I think the models are in their 20's. And look at what they present to us middle aged (okay, a little over middle aged) in the magazines! For women my age they show young women with air brushed faces. Who are they kidding?! But us more mature women fall for the advertising all the time. I have a drawer full of products that have promised a more youthful look. They just don't work. The only thing that works is a face lift or injectables. There are risks with those. SO, I say may as well just be happy with what you get. Everything in the physical world changes. May as well go with the flow. What you have inside is deeper than any change. I am at the age where my mantra has become this: "I accept myself in this physical appearance. I am more than the wrinkles and wear and tear on my body. It's living life in the present and not trying to hang onto the physical body of the past that is important. Change, accept, move forward." It really helps if you can have a sense of humor and laugh as much as possible. Hang out with positive people and don't let the turkeys get you down.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cassandra, I'm one of your fellow metalsmithers. I agree with you about all of the above, (except vaseline makes my 50 year old face break out, go figure) I decided (yesterday) that the point is to grow old graciously, and forget the gracefully. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Me and My Lexi

Me and My Lexi

Pet the Kitty