July 28, 2010



This is how I like my backyard to look. If I was in California, maybe it would look like this all year round. Even though it was a difficult Spring this year, THIS is so worth the anticipation and wait. I love going out there and listening to the bees that are working in the cat mint. We gave up on lavender because it just wasn't happy here. Cat mint looks a lot like lavender and it thrives in our yard. I don't like the prep work one has to do before you can work on a project. That goes for weeding to get the yard ready for planting or sanding to get ready for painting. We have been sorting out all the pieces for our greenhouse that we want to put up in the back and it is taking us FOREVER! I was so ready to move from here this year. We went down to California for Tiffany and Lars' wedding celebration and was quickly reminded why we left. I would love to be by my family, but this place we have up here is so peaceful. We are only 20 minutes to the downtown area and 10 minutes from Sisters. We have the animals, which we enjoy watching. We look out of our windows and see the mountains, forest and when we want to, our neighbors activity, which doesn't make us feel like we are out in the boonies. We are happy here and love our friends. Yes, give us the company of our furry kitty girls and their unending purrs, our yard to work in and that means home to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me and My Lexi

Me and My Lexi

Pet the Kitty